Friday, November 18, 2011

Why do we worship God?




Why do we worship God,? Have you ever thought of this question? This came to my mind after my first sharing of the gospel during the month long of doing street e. The girl had agreed to say the salvation prayer with me. This is definitely good news. However later as i dwelt on why she agreed to accept Jesus and thought it could possibly be because of my testimony. In terms of academics, she was in the exact same position as me. Maybe the reason why she agreed was because she wanted the same thing that He had blessed me with(I shared how He had helped me through the chinese papers). I am not out to judge her but I did make me wonder about that question. Why do we worship God then, it can't be just because of everything God can do for us. Indeed it isn't. God created us to be worshipers, as humans, we worship everything from money to people to materials. God is definitely more than all these. There is a line in a song that says "you're more costly than sliver and more costly than gold". in another song a line goes "If we don't praise you the the rocks will soon cry out, cry out." That's sufficient reason to worship Him. Most importantly, God loves us that's why bless us. "Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matt 7:9-11  God loves us very very much and is definitely worthy of our praise.
God bless.